The National Lottery Heritage Fund is providing a package of support for the UK’s heritage sector as a response to the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis. This includes increased advice and support, longer-term skills and capacity building initiatives and £50 million to provide emergency and/or recovery funding for those most in need.
This short-term funding is designed to support the immediate actions needed to stabilise operations, manage unforeseen risks and costs to help heritage sector organisations recover.
Two levels of funding are available:
- Grants of between £3,000 and £50,000 to help organisations deal with immediate risks and become more stable.
- Grants of between £50,000 and £250,000 for heritage assets at immediate risk to cover essential costs for up to four months.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A not-for-profit organisation.
- A current or previous recipient of a grant directly from the Heritage Lottery.
- An owner, manager or representative of heritage, or be able to show they have delivered participatory heritage activity.
The guidance notes were updated to include the following changes:
- As organisations prepare to re-open, the Fund will cover costs associated with doing this safely and in line with Government guidance.
- In addition to costs essential to stabilising the organisation, the Fund will cover costs of preparing for recovery, including strategic reviews of business models, operating plans and business plans, and investment to enable digital delivery of services. The updated guidance now includes more examples of recovery costs to help organisations plan their application.
The full details of the updated guidance notes are available on the Heritage Fund website.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 31 July 2020. This is the final deadline for applications.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.