A second application round has opened for a Fund supporting small to medium sized homelessness charities with an annual turnover of less than £5 million who are directly affected by the coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak.
A total of £4.82 million is available for charities in England and an additional £680,000 will primarily be awarded to charities based in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Grants of between £10,000 and £100,000 (depending on the annual turnover of the organisation) are available for either or both of the following purposes:
- To help alleviate the financial impact of COVID-19 on the organisation. This may be because of a reduction in actual or expected income this year, and/or as a result of higher costs that have been incurred or are expected to be incurred as a result of providing services to beneficiaries as a direct result of the crisis.
- To expand or adapt services in light of COVID-19 to support people experiencing homelessness safely and effectively.
Grants are to be used for revenue funding only and can be used to cover:
- Investments in systems.
- Investments in people.
- Investments in infrastructure.
- Dedicated capacity development.
- Staff salaries.
- Project activities.
- Running costs.
- Small-scale refurbishment.
- Organisational development.
- Contributions to fixed costs.
There will be one application round for applications from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. There will be two application rounds for England.
The initial deadline for all applications is 1pm on 3 August 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.