The Smarter Choices, Smarter Places Open Fund is provided by the Scottish Government and delivered through the charity Paths for All.
Grants will be awarded to projects that encourage people to travel more sustainably, which includes encouraging people to walk or cycle as part of their everyday short journeys and/or encouraging people to use other sustainable travel choices for longer journeys (such as buses or community cars).
This year, funding is also available for organisations that want to introduce home-working to make it easier for people to reduce their commute.
Activities such as the following can be funded:
- Developing organisational ‘work-at-home’ policy and practice guidelines.
- Providing training on managing-at-a-distance.
- Providing training on use of video conferencing and other communication tools.
- Developing business cases to inform long-term decision making.
- Developing rotas, schedules and shift patterns.
- Providing advice and support to help those that need it.
- Employing ‘work-at-home’ champions.
- Providing incentives.
- Promoting healthy and active working practice.
Public, third and community sector organisations can apply for smaller grants of between £5,000 and £10,000 or larger grants of between £10,001 and £50,000.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.