The Varsity Pitch Competition rewards UK students and recent graduate entrepreneurs who have enterprising ideas that they wish to turn into viable businesses; enabling participants to showcase their unique, creative ideas to the wider community.
The business/idea must be the entrants’ own idea and/or an idea that they are free to disclose. Additionally, entrants must be able to own and run a business or social enterprise in the UK and be at least 16 years of age.
The award categories are as follows:
- TATA Disruptive Business - for businesses where the product or service is making improvements to the market in unexpected ways.
- TATA Social Impact - for businesses that are ethically conscious.
- Genuine Innovation - for those who can demonstrate unique ideas and ways of doing things.
- Creative & Design - for those who are involved in the creative industries.
- Digital and Technical - to support digital business ideas such as apps, hardware or online products.
- Ideas - for those with a brand new idea that has the potential to be the next "big thing".
Entrants must be either a current student at a UK university or college or an individual who has graduated after 2015.
Category semi-finals will take place later in the year. The final will take place during Global Entrepreneurship Week in November and the winner will receive £15,000 for their start-up.
The closing date for applications is Friday 24 July 2020 (12:00 BST).
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.